FAQ - Compagnies de bus BlaBlaBus, FlixBus, Eurolines, & Megabus
All the answers to your questions about bus companies in Europe
Coronarivus: please follow the government's recommendations for your travels #stayathome
All the answers to frequently asked questions about bus companies in Europe.
Do you have questions about long-distance bus travel in Europe with the coach companies BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), FlixBus, Eurolines , Megabus , National Express ? All the answers to questions frequently asked by bus travellers :
If you do not find your answer, you can contact us via a form or on social networks: Facebook, Twitter.
Are you looking for the contacts, phone numbers of the bus companies BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), FlixBus, Eurolines and Megabus? All the contacts of the bus companies here.
FAQ BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), FlixBus, Eurolines and Megabus
Questions before the bus trip
How do I get my ticket back?
Do children travel by bus for free?
BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS) and FlixBus do not offer ticket refunds but only cancellations or changes to tickets. However a fee is applicable except for FlixBus, Eurolines offers partial ticket refunds. For Megabus, you can make changes any time, up tp 24 hours before in Megabus website, fee will apply for each amended reservation.
Are the coaches adapted for people with reduced mobility?
No, children can't travel by bus for free.
The fares of the companies are as follows :
- BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS) offers half fare for children from 0 to 24 months.
- FlixBus offers a reduced fare for children under 15.
- Eurolines offers discounts from 40% to 80% for children.
- Megabus UK. Travel between 05:00 and midnight, a maximum of one child, aged 3 years or under, can travel for free on megabus board day services only with each fare paying adult.
The price offered on ComparBUS.com is not the same as the price displayed on the bus company's website.
All the different bus companies offer facilities that allow people with reduced mobility to travel by bus. Visually impaired people have the possibility to travel with their guide dogs on the coaches depending on the company they are travelling with. Depending on the company you will be obliged to contact them before buying a ticket so that you can travel on the buses.
For reasons of performance and user comfort, it has been chosen to memorize for 2 to 24 hours the prices provided by the carriers.
I booked my bus ticket but I still haven't received an email confirmation, what should I do?
I'm traveling with my baby, what should I expect?
The message confirming the reservation of your ticket can sometimes take a few minutes. If you do not receive it, contact the coach company with which you booked your bus ticket directly.
If you travel with FlixBus, you should use a booster seat or a baby seat with a two-point belt. Under no circumstances should your baby travel alone, he or she must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older). Please note that it is possible to take baby pushchairs with you, this is free if and only if you declare it 48 hours before your departure date by calling the following FlixBus number: + 33 1 76 36 04 12 / +49 30 300137300
- If you are travelling with BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), it is recommended (and therefore not mandatory) to bring a baby seat or booster seat with you. Seat belts are available on board and will be used to protect your baby throughout the journey.
- If you are travelling with Megabus, Car seats or booster are recommended for under 5 years old children. Please note that with Megabus all ages are required to have ticket, children and babies included.
Can my child travel alone ?
- To travel with FlixBus, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years and over). In this case, 2 seats must be reserved instead of one.
- To travel with BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), minors can travel alone from the age of 16 and must be in possession of an identity document.
- During the travelling with Megabus, baby should be accompanied by an adult (17 years or older) with the verification of I.D.
Can I hire a bus?
This is possible with FlixBus. You just need to access Flixbus rental platform to make your reservation and get a quote on the spot and with ease.
Questions during the bus trip
Do I have to print my ticket to get on board ?
Tickets must be printed when you take a bus with Eurolines in A4 format without both sides.
Can we pick a seat?
BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), Megabus and FlixBus offer e-tickets. All you have to show is your smartphone, tablet and computer.
If you travel with BlaBlaBus (OUIBUS), your seats are assigned. With the other companies, it is possible to choose your seats when getting on the bus.
I haven't received a confirmation email, what should I do?
ComparBUS does not sell bus tickets,
Can we eat on the buses?
it only links to the websites of the bus companies. You have to contact directly the company
with which you have booked the tickets.
You can eat and drink on the buses of all companies. FlixBus offers snacks for sale on board.
Questions after the bus trip
I lost/forgot something?
My bus was delayed or cancelled, what should I do?
You can contact the customer service department
of the companies directly to report your problem. You can also enquire
about your rights in the event of lost luggage.
If you have been delayed or cancelled by the bus company you are travelling with, you can contact them directly at the after-sales service of the bus
companies. You can also enquire about your rights
in the event of a delay, cancellation or accident.