How to propose a route? How to book a carpool place? All the answers to all the frequently asked questions about carpooling with BlaBlaCar.
Propose a trip, carpool places with BlaBlaCar
What are the requirements to be a driver?
- Be of age
- Have a valid driver's license
- Have valid car insurance
Offer carpool places
- Register on the BlaBlaCar website
- Submit your ad with the publication form
- Define your itinerary: departure and arrival city (specify the appointment and drop-off points), departure date and time
- Specify whether or not you are using the highway, whether it is a round trip or not
- The number of places offered
- The proposed price for this trip
- Details of the trip
- Preferences: baggage size, detour, delay tolerance, etc.
- Confirm your announcement: choose your booking mode: "Automatic or Manual Acceptance"
How to search for a carpool?
- Go to the search engine on the BlaBlaCar homepage
- Enter the departure and arrival city
Book your carpool place
- Select the ad you are interested in
- Pay for your trip with your credit card: insert the 16 digits of your credit card, the expiry date of the card and the security code
It is recommended to notify the driver by calling him directly. You must cancel your trip directly on the BlaBlaCar website.
- Passengers who cancel the trip more than 24 hours before departure are refunded the amount less the booking fee.
- In the last 24 hours, they are only refunded half of the amount (the other half is returned to the driver)
- After departure, it is not possible to be refunded and the driver still receives the transfer.
You are a driver, you have proposed a route but you can no longer assume this route? Here are the steps to cancel your carpooling proposal:
- Delete your trip on the site:
- Click on "Delete" on your ad
- Confirm by clicking "Yes, cancel this trip".) Passengers will be notified of the cancellation by SMS and email
- It is advisable to contact passengers directly to inform them of the cancellation
Please note: there are no penalties in case of cancellation by the driver. However, if you cancel too often, BlaBlaCar reserves the right to suspend the publication of your ads.
In general, the driver is responsible for the passengers he carries and it is his insurance that takes care of the passengers.
Additional guarantees with the partner AXA
BlaBlaCar has developed a partnership with AXA, two additional guarantees are offered to carpoolers:
- Guaranteed arrival at destination: In the event of immobilization of the vehicle, the towing and routing of the driver and passengers to their destination are covered if they are not covered (in cases where there are waypoints during the journey and the final destinations of the passengers and the driver are different).
- The loan of the steering wheel to a passenger: If the driver lends the steering wheel to a passenger (who has had the licence for more than 3 years) he will be reimbursed up to 1500 € on his deductible "loan of steering wheel" in the event of a responsible loss.